[CI] scoring system

Sujit Roy sujit.roy18 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 15:14:39 CDT 2011

Hi everyone,
I've only skimmed through everyone's suggestions and I don't mean to scorn
anyone's opinion, as they are all thoughtfully posed. But the games seem
pretty balanced to me. For example, last week's Dickens round had Oliver
Twist on one side followed by The Christmas Carol on the other, and then
Tale of Two Cities followed by Great Expectations; bottom line, fair.

And the way to decide the third finalist also seems fair. Win-Loss record
boils down to strength of schedule, whereas the points & questions are fair
game for everyone. Having the highest score for the whole season means you
are one of the most consistent and best teams and thus deserve to make the
Finals. The best way to remedy this, if there is indeed a problem, would be
to have more playoffs, but that's too much stress on the question setters
and makes seasons too long, I think.
I'll see everybody tonight!
Sujit