[CI] Winter 2011 trivia season: new team

Mark Brader msb at vex.net
Thu Dec 30 07:31:19 CST 2010

On December 6 I wrote:

> Looking forward to next season, I will be setting the schedule,
> and I would appreciate knowing about it if any teams are thinking
> of changing home pubs, or leaving the league, or if anyone knows
> about any teams interested in joining the league.

It turns out that we do have a new team interested in joining.
Sujit Roy, late of Rica's Pieces, is the captain and is planning
to populate the team mainly or entirely with players new to our
league.

As you all know, it is desirable for several reasons that the number
of active teams in the league should be even.  Therefore, to admit
Sujit's team, we either need to admit another team and have 16, or
we need one team to drop out or merge with another, so we stay at 14.

If necessary we can talk about this at the captains' meeting, but
if we can settle it sooner, by email, that would be better.

I know of two ways we might add another team with relative ease.
First, two seasons back Cindy Goldrick and, I believe, Sheila Kay
were interested in forming a new team from some formerly active
players in our league, but it was not possible that season because
a second new team could not be scraped together.  I don't know if
their proposal could be a live one now or if everyone who might have
been involved is now settled in with their present teams.

Second, it has been said that Allison knows of a team from the Beaches
league that was interested in jumping to our league.

As most of you know, these are situations that Greg Ioannou has often
brokered in the past.  I emailed him about this earlier, but he's now
out of town until Monday, January 3, and I don't know whether he's had
time to contact anyone.

Anyone with relevant information, please "reply to all" on this message.
--
Mark Brader     |     "One of the lessons of history is that nothing
Toronto         |      is often a good thing to do and always a clever