[CI] Looking forward to the winter 2011 season

Mark Brader msb at vex.net
Sun Dec 5 23:04:02 CST 2010

I'm mailing this to the Inquisition mailing list and to all the
team captains from the previous season that I know about.
Apologies if you get it twice.

Looking forward to next season, I will be setting the schedule,
and I would appreciate knowing about it if any teams are thinking
of changing home pubs, or leaving the league, or if anyone knows
about any teams interested in joining the league.

As I understand it from looking at the current season's schedule,
the home pubs this season are:

  Artful Dodger -- Clueless, 5 Easy Pieces, Frankly Scarlett,
       Natural Born Losers.
  Brunswick Avenue Pump -- Cellar Rats, Footloose & Firkin Free.
  Duke of Gloucester -- MI5, Misplaced Modifiers.
  Imperial Pub -- Night Owls, Rica's Pieces.
  Jason George -- Bill Psychs, Unnatural Axxe.
  Jersey Giant -- What She Said.
  Spotted Dick -- Usual Suspects.

I presume that 5 Easy Pieces took the Artful Dodger slot on a
one-season basis, since Five Guys Named Moe will be returning
and will presumably want it back.  If that's correct, and if
nobody else leaves the Dodger, then 5 Easy Pieces need to choose
a new pub.

Their choices among the existing pubs if no other teams want to
change would be the Jersey Giant (with one team currently) and
the Spotted Dick (with no teams for the coming season, as the
Suspects will be setting questions).  Or of course they could
choose a new pub within the usual geographical area.

There's no hurry on this -- we're still over a month from the new
season -- but if any of you are expecting or considering any
changes you'd like to tell us about, please do so.  If not, you
don't need to confirm anything yet -- I'll send out another query
sometime after Christmas.
--
Mark Brader, Toronto           "The walls have hearsay."
msb at vex.net                            -- Fonseca & Carolino