[CI] from Ed of 5 Guys re QM sub Monday June 1?

Ed Piwowarczyk edp.alpha at rogers.com
Sat May 30 19:22:38 CDT 2015

Hi, Brian!
Yes, you are correct.
The official start time, under league rules, is 7:45, but in reality it’s usually 8 before the players and QM are all there.
I will leave a package at the bar which will contain a score sheet, the questions, handouts, Challenge Round slips and two copies of protest rulings from the previous week (one per team). As well, there will be a pencil case which will have an MP3 player, with the clips queued up and ready to go when you turn it on, and a speaker. (Some QMs now use their own audio devices for the audio rounds.)
The per-player fee is now $5 (to cover increasing costs now that we no longer have the Imperial as a free-of-charge venue for the final), and the QM (yourself, in this case) gets to keep $15. There’s also a spot on the lower right-hand corner of the score sheet to mark how much has been collected after the QM’s honorarium has been deducted.
If there is a first-time-ever player, the $5 is waived for that individual.
If you have any questions, you can email me at edp.alpha at rogers.com
On Monday afternoon, I expect to be leaving home around 4 or 4:15 to begin making the rounds to drop off packages.
Thank you again.
Cheers, Ed