[CI] Winter 2011 trivia season: new team

BJ Del Conte bjdelconte at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 30 14:11:09 CST 2010

I will point out to one and all that the Jason George - at Front and Jarvis -
has expanded to two big rooms and can handle two games a night.

________________________________
From: Mark Brader <msb at vex.net>
To: ahirst1521 at rogers.com; asrilena at yahoo.com; bamorrison at rogers.com;
bjdelconte at yahoo.com; brclemo at sympatico.ca; cgoldrick at rogers.com;
edp.alpha at rogers.com; greg at colcomm.ca; gregioannou at gmail.com;
hal_greer at hotmail.com; inquisition at cfaj.ca; jeremy at kamper.ca;
magdalene.cheung at utoronto.ca; oakvilleman2004 at hotmail.com; patimac at fastmail.fm;
rnight at rogers.com; rodney.neil.boyd at gmail.com; rodney.russell at rci.rogers.com;
skay at randomhouse.com; ssullivan at eckler.ca; sujit.roy18 at gmail.com;
wriden at rogers.com
Sent: Thu, December 30, 2010 2:40:03 PM
Subject: Re: Winter 2011 trivia season: new team

Ed writes:
> Some things to keep in mind re expansion:
> If the league does expand, keep in mind that you will need additional
> QMs.  From a technical point of view, you will need at least one more
> set of speakers for the audio round. and possibly another MP3 player...

Yes, we know.  This is one reason I would like to settle this as soon
as possible.

> ...I would suggest any new teams fill gaps at existing pubs where
> currently there are not 10 games scheduled, i.e. the Jersey Giant
> and Spotted Dick.

No, no, NO.  Teams should feel completely free to play at any pub
that they like, and want to favor with their business, within the
usual geographical area.  If those are existing league pubs, fine.
If not, that's also fine.
--
Mark Brader, Toronto              "But I want credit for all the words
msb at vex.net                        I spelled *right*!" -- BEETLE BAILEY